Hotel Avanti – Restaurant
Rua de Ourem, Panjim Goa
(Near Old Patto Bridge)

Until early 90’s, I was a regular here (not daily but say weekly)
Looks like Avanti existed since 1973, so says the boad.

This road was the only road for us (via Calapur, 4 pilars)
as there was no Panjim-Bambolim bypass road then.

My favourite here was Pork Vindaloo, Chicken Leg, beef steak, Sausages etc
The restaurant was then downstairs, upstairs being hotel/Lodge.
See present external view pic

On the Rua de Ourem road (see pic), we used to wait for our usual crowded buses to go home (agxi).
But I often used share-a-taxi who charged us Rs. 5 per head as against Re.1 by bus.

I must have visited AVANTI restaurant say after 20 years.

Actually I wanted to go for Prawn curry rice which was Rs.125 but then I changed my mind when I was told I will have to shell out additional Rs.45 for plain rice making it Rs.170,
I then opted for its regular fish curry rice Rs. 125 with no big fish but korbott / Papad etc (see pic)

Ok what we ate and what it cost us?
We were 3

2 KF beer bottles – 160
2 French fries or Patato finger chips Rs.150 – see pic
2 Chicken biryani Rs.250 – see pic
2 Pork Vindaloo Rs.350 – see pic
1 Fish curry rice (for me) Rs. 125 see pic
2 water bots Rs.40
4 loaves of bread (Poder pao) Rs. 20
Total : 1095